Monday, November 23, 2009

The Go Team: A Journey - Joan

It was all so startling hearing the news that came over 1010 wins announcing the need to fill five Charmin Ambassador openings for the “Enjoy the Go” campaign. After I heard it, I said “Why not give’r a try!”

As soon as I got into the house, I went online and found out that auditions would be held on Thursday, November 5th at the New York Hilton.

On the morning of the open call, I found hundreds and hundreds of hopefuls lined up outside of the hotel. We were lined up for about two and a half hours until we were ushered inside. There was so much excitement and anticipation that filled the air. Four hours later, it was my turn to give it all I had. And I did just that.

I concluded my presentation with a song and before I left the room, I was asked to come back for another meeting on Friday November 6th at 10:55 a.m.

Needless to say, I couldn’t sleep at all Thursday night. By Monday, I received a call saying that I was still in the running. This was GREAT news! However, still not final. On Monday, November 16th, the big, BIG news came…”You have been selected as one of the five members of the Charmin “Go Team.” You would have thought I had won the lottery I was so excited.

I have been equally excited preparing for my first day on the job!

- Joan

1 comment: