Monday, November 30, 2009

Leah-Charmin Restrooms, A Home Away From Home

Thanksgiving has come and gone for another year, and for the first time in my life I spent it away from my entire family. I was a wee bit gloomy about it at first, but as I met more and more amazing guests throughout the day, my gloom was counter balanced by gratitude. As much as I missed my own family, I had the privilege to take a glimpse into the lives of hundreds of families celebrating and being thankful. I was surrounded by positive energy. I decided to ask people what they were grateful for on a personal level, and document it on a roll of Ultra Strong with DiamondWeave.

Many were thankful for their friends and family but surprisingly enough, top of the list, people were sincerely grateful for The Charmin Restrooms!! One woman exclaimed," If Charmin hadn't been here for me, I wouldn't have made it back to my hotel! I'd have had to buy new pants!" At the end of a long and full day in Manhattan, travelers need to feel taken care of. The Charmin Restrooms have many comforts of home: A fire place to cozy up to, couches, pillows, and toilets to take a load off! On numerous occasions, weary guests have sat down only to doze off like Cody's Sleeping Beauty! I guess they feel safe and taken care of in our oasis away from the city streets. Granted the Charmin Song was playing instead of football, but our hospitality was the next best thing to being in their own living rooms! At the end of my Thanksgiving Day, I realized how lucky I was to have had a Charmin Thanksgiving, and to have such an extraordinary family of my very own to miss. I owe them a debt of gratitude for their constant support, teaching me to embrace the fun, silly side of life, and that laughter and joy are the true forms of success. With 2009 fading fast, let's try to enjoy the simple, beautiful things of this Holiday Season... enjoy the go.

No comments:

Post a Comment